Langtang & Gosainkunda Nirvana Tour
Following the Trisuli River north from Kathmandu, we travel through Trisuli Bazaar and Dhunche to Syabrubensi, a Sherpa village located at the very edge of the Langtang National Park. We then go east into the Langtang valley, crossing the river several times as we travel up along a gorge-like, lower section of the valley.
On the way we pass through oak and rhododendron forests and even cross glacial moraine on our way to the Tamang village of Langtang.
Further up the valley is Kyangin Gompa, where we stop overnight and sample local yak cheese. We pass through Nubamatang, nestled in a hidden valley, on our way up to view the glaciers, which mark the gateway into Tibet.
Backtracking, we travel through Syabru and Sing Gompa to a high plateau, where the sacred lake Gosainkund is located. Crossing the Llaurebena Pass (4610m), we continue south, leaving the Langtang region behind us as we travel through the Helambu valley to Gul Bhanjyang.
Visit Tibetan village at Langtang - Amazing views of Langtang Ri, Ganesh Himal, Lang Sisa - Ascent of Chorkari Ri (5050m) - Panoramic views of 10 peaks over 6000m - Spectacular views of the Ice fluted Gyanghempo- Crossing the Ganjala pass 5122m- Walk through the Helembu valley.
Day 1: Your arrival and reception
Day 2: Trip starts from Kathmandu. Drive to Syabrubesi (8 hours)
Day 3: Trek begins. Syabrubesi to Lama Hotel (2480 m)
Day 4: Lama Hotel to Langtang Village (3541 m)
Day 5: Langtang Village to Kyangjin Gompa (3900 m)
Day 6: Explore around Kyangjn Gompa.
Day 7: Kyangjin Gompa to Ghora Tabela (2950 m)
Day 8: Ghora Tabela to Bamboo (2100 m)
Day 9: Bamboo to Thulo Syabru (2200 m)
Day 10: Thulo Syabru to Sing Gompa (3580 m)
Day 11: Sing Gompa to Gosainkunda (4381 m)
Day 12: Gosainkunda to Lauribina (4600 m) - Thare Pati (3600 m)
Day 13: Thare Pati to Kutumsang
Day 14: Kutumsang to Chisopani
Day 15: Chisopani to Kathmandu. Trek ends.
Itinerary in detail:
Day 1: Our staff will meet you at the airport (or any other point in Kathmandu) according to your arrival schedule and transfer you swiftly to your hotel. Later, you can meet our team at our office in Thamel, where you will also get some briefing about the entire trip.
Day 2: Your guide will receive you from your hotel and escort you to the bus station from where you will take a bus. This 8-hour long drive leads you to the north of the Kathmandu valley, past pristine settlements on hillsides and occasional sceneries of mountains to your destination: Syabrubesi .
Day 3: As you trek the first day, you shall walk across the untamed Bhote Koshi River, and other small streams on suspension bridges and log bridges. In March and April, the rhododendron forest is in full bloom and you also get to see the waterfalls hurrying down the steep slopes.
Day 4: Higher you push yourself with the Langtang Lirung winking at you occasionally from behind the trees. Langtang Village houses the headquarters of the Langtang National Park, and this village is beautified by two huge waterfalls flowing down the cliff above the village.
Day 5: Savour the views of ice falling and flowing down the peaks of Langtang Lirung. You will reach the Gompa at lunchtime, so use the rest of the day for acclimatisation.
Day 6: Visit the nearby monastery and the cheese factory. Or if you demand something more demanding, then climb Kyanjin Ri (4770m) or the Tserko Ri (4980m) which take about 2 and 4 hours respectively but the effort is richly rewarded by the mouth watering views of glaciers and mountains.
Day 7: Trekking in the Himalayan Region of Nepal involves steep ascents and descents. Today taste the descent to Ghora Tabela where a few lodges serve the trekkers like you.
Day 8: The place possibly got its name from the Bamboo Lodge, but this name is a misnomer because the lodge is not made of bamboo. Today the downward course from Kyanjin Gompa halts.
Day 9: This nominal gain in altitude by the end of the day goes unnoticed on the way as you just do gentle ups and downs to reach here.
Day 10: The day consists of some arduous climb that ends in Sing Gompa via Foprang Danda (3200m), where you can find a monastery and a cheese factory as well.
Day 11: A holy shrine of the Hindus, Gosainkunda is scenically a paradise consisting of a dozen or so lakes, most of which carry immense meaning for the Hindus.
Day 12: After you set out from Gosainkunda, the Lauribina Pass commads the unmatched scenery of Ganesh Himal, Manaslu and Himal Chuli. Then go down to Thare Pati to rest for the night.
Day 13: The path mostly passes through rhododendron forest and near the Kutumsang village stands a large stupa.
Day 14: You need to go over two passes at Gul Bhanjyang and Jhogin Danda with the regular ups and downs in between, plus a short descent bringing you to a village named Chipling. Again a further climb brings you to Chisapani that offers a fine view of the Himalaya as you are about to wind up your tour.
Day 15: You get to enjoy the scenery of sunrise and of the Himalayas as well till you reach Sundarijal. Then board a bus and get back to Kathmandu in an hour. The guide will drop you off at your hotel.
Depending on your flight schedule, we will provide a complimentary transfer to the airport on the day you fly back from Kathmandu. Until that time, you can count on us for any other travel related services, information or hot tips.
Things to bring:
Participants themselves should bring the following item:
- Sleeping bag
- Thermal clothing (jacket, trousers, glove, socks, etc)
- Suitable hiking boots
- Sun glasses
- Sunscreen lotion/cream
- Walking pole
- 3 passport size photographs for the trekking permit.
- Physical examination is recommended before starting the journey
- Medical proof of sound health and physical fitness should be produced when demanded
For the total duration of the trek, all participants are required to have a travel insurance that covers:
- Emergency evacuation
- Loss of, theft of, or damage to, their baggages and personal effects.
- In an emergency, we will arrange/provide all necessary rescue services (helicopter rescue, medical treatment, aftercare, etc.).
- By using such emergency services, you unconditionally agree to provide us with your travel insurance policy and authorise us to deal directly with your insurance company.
Package cost includes:
- Ground transport
- Food: 3 meals a day (during the trek), selectable from the menu
- Accommodation during the trek in local teahouses
- Trekking permits and all necessary documentation
- Professional trekking guide and porter, including their insurance
Package cost excludes:
- Drinks (bottled water or any other beverages)
- Battery recharging costs
- Personal expenses
- Tips and donations
- Your travel insurance
- Children under 8 years old are not allowed
- Children over 8 years: allowed only if accompanied by their parent(s)
- To compensate the pre-arrangement expenses, all cancellations require a cancellation charge, which will be equivalent to 33% of the total cost if made at least 15 days prior to commencement of the trip.
- All subsequent cancellations, up to 72 hours before the departure will encounter a 50% cancellation charge.
- The No-show policy implies a 100% penalty and remains in effect for the last 72 hours from commencement of the trip.
Book for more than 20 people, contact us directly
- Your hotel in Kathmandu or from the Inernational Airport