Kathmandu Heritage Tour - 2 Days
Lying about 1400m above sea level, Kathmandu Valley has over 218 sq. miles of land area surrounded by fascinating hills and mountains. It has a wonderful climate which seldom drops below zero in winter or exceeds 35 degrees in summer on the Celsius scale. The naturally gifted valley is accessible by Thribhuvan International Airport (Nepal's only international airport) and four highways.
The grandeur of Kathmandu Valley can hardly be described in words. It is like a museum of history, arts and culture. During the Golden Era (16th - 18th century), three distinct settlements flourished in its major cities - Kathmandu, Patan and Bhaktapur, each like a separate kingdom ruled by its own Malla King of Newari ethnicity. Though they lived in harmony, they competed in architecture and arts, building one after another of world-famous monuments. Kathmandu city became the administrative capital of the modern Nepal after the great victor Prithvi Narayan Shah took over the valley in 1768.
Till this day the valley has seen many bright and dark chapters of history as well as several natural hazards, nonetheless, it has always been the heart of Nepal while having very high regards in the heart of every Nepalese. Though this tour mainly focuses on the Heritage Sites of the valley, you will have a stunning experience of the diversity of the cultures, traditions and lifestyles of its denizens. Keep your eyes and camera at full alert if you do not want to miss the priceless sights you will pass during the tour.
On this fully guided tour a well trained and professional guide will accompany you. To enhance your experience even further, we can appoint one who can speak English, Chinese, Japanese, Italian, French or German, in accordance to your preference. Depending upon the size of your group, a car or a bigger coach will be provided for your transportation.
- Pick up from your hotel
- Drive to Swoyambhunath [UNESCO World Heritage Monument]
- Visit Kathmandu Durbar Square [UNESCO World Heritage Site]
- Drive to Boudhanath [UNESCO World Heritage Monument]
- Drive to Pashupatinath [UNESCO World Heritage Site]
- Drive back to your hotel
- Pick up from your hotel
- Drive to Bhaktapur
- Visit Bhaktapur Durbar Square and town [UNESCO World Heritage Site]
- Drive to Changunarayan [UNESCO World Heritage Monument]
- Drive to Patan and visit Patan Durbar Square [UNESCO World Heritage Site]
- Drive back to hotel
Tour cost includes:
- Professional English speaking tour guide
- Entry fees (at temples and heritage sites)
Tour cost does not include:
- Your personal expenses
- Extra food, bottled water or other drinks
- Camera/Photography fees, if required at the protected sites
- Tips or donations
- Children are allowed to participate only if accompanied by their parent(s).
- Children above 5 years of age are required to pay normal (adult) rates.